JESUS SAID

Watch out! Don't let my sudden coming catch you unaware; don't let me find you living in careless ease, carousing and drinking, and occupied with problems of this life, like all the rest of the world.

Luke 21:34-35

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Too Good To Be True


Rock The Block Service
7-15-07

Praise Report

I can recall being at the Sunday morning worship service when it came time for the altar call my heart cried out, filled with concern, not wanting the rain to interfere with the rock the block service once again. I prayed for souls to be saved amid the praising & preaching of the gospel on this day.

The rest is history, the Lord blessed us again by allowing the Deliverance Temple Worship Team to saturate the atmosphere with sounds of praise. The singing made it easier for the saints who were passing out tracks to people in cars and to those walking by.

Pastor Osborne's message, "Where Will You Spend Eternity?", kept the attention of the crowd and filled our hearts with joy as we were reminded of God's greatest gift.

Finally, I remember telling the crowd at the beginning of the service that God was using us as bait to catch a soul to reel into the Kingdom. By the end of the service, I realized we had a lot of nibblers, could you believe this?

As we were packing up to leave a man walked over wanting to buy a hotdog and asking what was going on. I could hear my wife calling my name to come and meet Tony.

By the time I finished telling Tony everything that had gone on and that the night was for him, he cried out. Tony expressed how tired and fed up he was with his life, revealing to me the tracks of drug addiction in his arm.

As we began to pray the sinners prayer, I could feel the Spirit of the living God drawing my brother in and all this (the gift of salvation and the hotdog) was given to him free of charge!

To God Be The Glory!!

No comments: